Missed Valentine’s Day this year so here’s 14 thoughts about why relationships are stupid.
1. If you’re dating, you’re obligated to buy something for your partner every holiday. Miss one? See what happens.
2. At one point you’ll be asked when you’re going to commit, if you’re already committed they ask you when you’re going to be single.
3. You can’t always say what you’re thinking unless you want to create tension or have an argument.
4. You can’t spend money on whatever the hell you want without your partner either getting suspicious or bitching at you for spending.
5. You’ve been in a relationship or married a while? Your romance is dead. The letters, gifts, and spontaneity died a while ago.
6. Your sex sessions got less and/or shorter. Why? You’ve done everything at this point and your partner feels like they no longer have to work for it. They just want to hit it and go back to sleep.
7. Unless you have an open relationship, you can’t sleep with whoever you want if those needs aren’t being met.
8. You can be attracted too one or multiple people when you’re still in a relationship but again, can’t act upon unless you want drama.
9. You have to listen to your partner talk about shit you don’t care about.
10. Third parties get involved or give their opinion about what is or isn’t working in your relationship.
11. People ask when you’re going to have kids. If you already have kids, they ask you when you’re having more!
12. You’re either morally or legally abided to them. (Like marriage, you can’t just get out without getting a lawyer involved.)
13. Emotions, feelings, tend to get involved. You’re not sure if you signed up for that shit.
14. You can’t just always say and do whatever the hell you want. You have to consider your partner at times too.